As you know, I’ve been a big fan of Keratin Express. But as I recently finished up my last bit of the product, I thought I would do my research and check out what else is on the market — epecially a product that works just as well (or better!) and is even more natural and safer to use. And guess what I found?
Chi’s Enviro American Smoothing Treatment
As I am already a huuuuuuge fan of the Chi flat iron and Silk Infusion products, I knew the Farouk name could be trusted. So when I read up on what this treatment both is (and isn’t), I knew I had to start offering this to my clients! Chi’s smoothing system infuses their unique formula of amino acids, proteins, silk, and pearl into the hair’s cuticle; when the product is bonded to the hair using a flat iron, it temporarily realigns of the cysteine proteins within the hair, making it softer, silkier, and more manageable! Though not unlike Keratin Express in it’s promises, the Chi Enviro American Smoothing Treatment has the added benefits of using four types of proteins instead on KE’s one, is all-natural, improves the overall health of the hair the more frequently the service is done, and results tend to deliver longer than KE does! Here’s a bit more information about the product/service:
- It eliminates up to 95% of frizz while making curly hair more manageable.
- It instantly adds amazing shine, silkiness and condition to the hair. The system safely smoothes frizzy, curly hair into beautiful, soft and silky hair.
- Results typically lasts up to 4 months depending on hair type and client’s maintenance.
- It is free from formaldehyde and formaldehyde-releasing chemicals!
- Unlike other salon services, the more often hair is treated, the healthier it becomes. With each treatment, the apsorbtion of amino acids, proteins, silk and pearl makes the hair regenerate natural proteins, thereby helping the hair repel humidity and creating smoother, silkier, straighter, and shiner hair that will blow-dry faster and easier.
- The treatment can be repeated as early as every 4-6 weeks.
- It can also be perfomed on chemically treated, previously-relaxed hair.
- This can be performed as a stand-alone service, or direct conjunction with a color service.
- This product was both created and manufactured here in the U.S.
There are only a couple of different maintenance items when caring for your hair when using the Chi Enviro American Smoothing Treatment:
- This service may add on up to 90 minutes to your overall appointment time.
- The hair cannot be shampooed for a minimum of 48 hours after the service is performed.
- If the hair gets wet before that time, immediately blow dry and flat iron.
- Do not use ponytail bands, clips, handbands, or anything that would stifle the hair’s smooth pattern for 7 days after treatment.
- Though this treatment is not designed as a straightening service, it will likely relax any current curl pattern you have.
The overall cost of this service is truly dependent upon the amount of hair that you have, both in terms of length and thickness. The base price of the Chi Enviro American Smoothing Treatment is $75, and for extra density and/or length the price does increase by incriments of $25. However, I often do offer specials in regards to smoothing treatments if done in conjuction with a color service, so be sure to be on the lookout for these!