Ever done a Mystic Tan? I know, I know — they suck. You get to stand in a claustrophobic room, naked with a plastic cap on your head. And while in the most uncomfortable pose ever, you hope that the unpredictable, full-body, in-your-face spray covers you completely and doesn’t turn you ooompa-loompa orange. You know, kinda like when Ross from Friends got a spray tan.
So what’s the alternative? Custom Airbrush Spray Tanning!
Recently Allure Salon received the Bronze Award in the Statesman Journals Best Spray Tan 2012 — which means THIS LADY received that wonderful honor! I use the SunFx Pro System, which allows the client to select the depth of the tan — anywhere from a light sun-bath to an olive beach-babe tone. The tan itself will last 7-14 days, depending on how well one cares for it. The process takes about 20 minutes from start to finish including the 5-minute dry time! And because this is a hand-done process and NOT an automated spray-tan booth, I have the ability to shade and contour your lovely self (read: minimize any and all problem areas and highlight your best, most favorite features).
PS — how much do I love and trust this product? I recently went in front of the spray just in time to MOH at my bestie’s wedding. With less than two days to go, I knew I wouldn’t turn orange and I’d be a beautiful even tone!
Realizing that this can be an awkward experience, I strongly encourage all of my clients to get as comfortable as they feel in regards to dress. If that means we’re just doing your legs, great! Wearing a bathing suit? Not a problem! Going al fresco??? No worries! And even though 20 minutes in the (semi) buff with a stranger can seem like an eternity, you’d be surprised how fast it goes once I get you moving in what I like to call the “Spray Tan Hokey-Pokey.” Trust me, I’ll get you laughing.
SunFx tanning solution offers quick, amazing, long-lasting results WITHOUT a bunch of unhealthy stuff that every other solution has that you don’t want. SunFX has NONE of the following:
In order to best prep for your tan, you’ll want to read over this checklist:
- Thoroughly exfoliate the areas you’re going to tan the night before your appointment, and be sure to moisturize after. If you shave, please use a fresh razor for the closest shave you can get.
- When showering the day of your appointment, do not moisturize anything. This creates a barrier for the tan and it will not absorb into the skin.
- Please do not wear makeup (if applicable) or deodorant to the appointment — more barriers for the tanning solution.
- Come to the appointment wearing dark, non-binding clothes. The solution is non-transferable, but if it does get on your clothes, just put them directly in the wash. I get the solution on me all the time, and it always comes right out!
- The tan does not fully develop until six hours after application — I wouldn’t recommend having a hot date (or going back to work) until after that first shower.
- Purchase a moisturizer that has a bronzer in it and be sure to use it 1-2 times per day. This will help extend the life of your tan.
- When showering, do not use a poof or washcloth — so I’m talking cleansing with either a bar of soap or a liquid soap in the hand. Poofs and washcloths will exfoliate your tan right off!
- When shaving, please use a dull razor. Every time you shave you take a layer of skin with it, and that’s the layer that just got tanned!
Pricing is $40 per tan, but Allure also has tanning packages (the more you purchase, the cheaper they get). Why not already be tan before you hit the river, pool, or vacation? Or get that kiss of color that instantly makes you look 5-10 pounds thinner before your big event? We’re now taking appointments, so call to get in and try this awesomeness out!